Blood is an essential fluid of body present in humans and other animals through which essential substances like oxygen and nutrients are transported to various organs and metabolic waste products away from those organs. An average adult has a blood volume of around 5 liters. Blood is composed of blood cells suspended in plasma which is 92% water by volume. In this article we will be learning about the blood and the important 5 fruits for blood purification!
Blood is very important as it performs numerous functions. Various toxic materials gets accumulated in our blood from bad choice of foods, pollution, stress and ageing process. Lungs plays a major role in blood purification process. Blood purification boosts the performance of our immune system, cardiac system and every other vital body processes.
Let’s find out first some functions performed by our blood:
- Supplies oxygen to tissues which gets bound to haemoglobin
- Supply of glucose, amino acids , fatty acids in dissolved form
- Removal of waste products like urea, lactic acid, carbon dioxide, etc.
- Detection of foreign material by antibodies
- Coagulation, is one of the major function of blood
- Messenger functions including the transport of hormones and the signaling of tissue damage.
- Regulation of core body temperature
- Hydraulic functions
Blood is a purified fluid since the unoxygenated (unpurified) blood comes into right atrium of heart by superior and inferior vena-cava which then passes to right ventricle…….then to lungs by pulmonary artery.
In lungs this blood gets oxygenated (purified)…..which then goes into left chamber of heart from which blood is passed to aorta and then circulated to whole body.
Mainly 4 organs are involved in purifying and filtering the blood.
- The lung are responsible for gas exchange. The blood picks up oxygen and releases CO2 back to the world. The lungs also breathes of ketones and ingested alcohol.
- The liver metabolizes toxic substances. It removes excess protein in the blood turning it into urea. It also turns ammonia into urea,later to be excreted by the kidneys along with other toxic metabolites. The liver filters blood coming from the digestive system and catches any bacteria that might have entered the blood stream from the digestive tract. It does this by the use of tubules lined with Kupffer cells which are like macrophages and phage the bacteria. It also uptakes excess glucose in response with insulin
- The spleen removes dead and damaged red blood cells and other cellular debris from the blood. It also home to a lot of macrophages to capture this debris as well as pathogens.
- The kidneys dispel metabolic waste such as urea,toxic metabolites of drugs, electrolyte balance., excessive water, ketones. The kidneys are the gateway to the outside world for chemical byproducts to leave the body
Fruits eliminate toxins from the lymph system, kidneys and liver, lungs, spleen, ensuring pure untainted blood circulates through your body to the various organs. Some useful Top 5 fruits for blood purification are:
Fresh fruits which are generally rich in pectin binds with excess fats of blood and heavy metals and other harmful chemicals in the bloodstream and is removed. And fruits are generally richer in antioxidants like lycopene and glutathione are major in eliminating waste and chemicals.
Avocado is the rich source of carotenoids, phenolic, vitamins, fatty acids, and minerals. All of these constituents accelerates the decrease of fats, the lowering of high blood pressure, the lowering of excessive blood sugar, elimination of fat, reduction of a blood clot, the removal of plaque and protects the heart. Avocado is a wonderful fruit as it can effectively tackle down various physiological and biochemical abnormalities.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apple is a magnificent fruit applicable in every conditions of disease. It is one of the best blood cleansing fruit. it offers a huge range of nutrients such as potassium, phosphorous, zinc, calcium, iron, copper, manganese, sodium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, thiamine, folate, pantothenic acid, niacin, riboflavin and pectin. The presence of antioxidants like Vitamin C and beta carotene, helps destroy free radicals that can damage the cell. Apples also prevent cancer, stroke, diarrhea and also boost the immune system.
Grapefruit is one of the important fruits for blood purification. Grapefruit is a great source of various nutrients like copper, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, pantothenic acid, pectin, potassium, fiber and Vitamin B1 including limnoids and lycopene. The presence of flavonoid naringenin in grapefruit initiates enzyme activity in the intestine and the liver. Pectin helps remove harmful toxins from the body. The presence of Vitamin C in grapefruit helps increase collagen production as well. Grapefruit juice is ranked among the highest in antioxidant property. Phytonutrients in grapefruit called limonoids inhibit tumor formation by promoting the formation of glutathione-S-transferase, a detoxifying enzyme. Grapefruit contains pectin, a form of soluble fiber that has been shown in animal studies to slow down the progression of atherosclerosis. Grapefruit juice is reported to have prevented the kidney stones too. Naringenin, a flavonoid concentrated in grapefruit, helps repair damaged DNA in human prostate cancer cells (cell line LNCaP), reports a lab study published in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry.
Carrot is also one of the best fruits for blood purification. It protects from the harmful effect of UV rays as it maintains the cellular structure of epidermis. It is rich in antioxidants and is a rich source of vitamin A and E and also of pectins that helps to keep our blood purified. Main important compounds present in carrots are beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, Lutein, Lycopene, Polyacetylenes and Anthocyanins each with a strong role in purifying the blood.
Berries like cranberry and blueberries are great for your blood and to keep your liver in smooth condition. They are one of the major fruits for blood purification. They are rich in antioxidants which prevents any damage in the liver such as fibrosis and lesions. Growth of liver cancer cells is also inhibited.
You might also like Health Benefits of Fingermillet Consumption- Top 5!