Journeys are beautiful. But the vomiting during the journeys makes the journey unpleasant. Here we are going to discuss about the reasons behind those vomiting and how can we deal with it.
Travel sickness or motion, sickness occurs when repetitive small movements mean the brain is sent mixed messages. The eyes say one thing about the position of the body, while the delicate inner ear balance mechanisms are reporting something different. The equilibrium of our body gets disturbed. And this confusion usually results in feelings of nausea, sometimes vomiting and becoming sweaty.
Let’s look at some possible reasons for vomiting during journey!
Overeating during long journeys is one of the reasons for vomiting to occur. Heavy stomach during travel causes distress in stomach. Stomach cannot function efficiently during travel so an optimum amount of food during the journeys can help you maintain a happy stomach!
4. Under eating
A lot of people eat very less or nothing at all during their journeys which starts creating gases and increases the chances of vomiting. The body does not get the energy it requires and stomach gets upset when a person eats less than required. Gastritis and bloating occurs leading to nausea. Fiber rich fruits like apple are good to consume during the journeys.
Indigestion results from the type and amount of food we eat during our journey. Food consumed at appropriate amount and those rich in fibers and minerals ensures smooth stomach functioning. So a good amount of healthy foods and fruits should be consumed to prevent the discomfort of indigestion.
2. Food Poisoning
During our journeys when we consume foods from various hotels that are unhygienic we get the food poisoning. The best thing to do will be avoid the hotel foods but that is not always possible so look for the foods that has a low chances of contamination. It will be better if you can take food from your home during your journeys.
1. Junk foods and fat rich foods
Junk foods and all those fat rich foods are difficult to digest especially when you are travelling. These foods are responsible for increasing acidity inside the stomach and are the boosters of nausea. So these foods the lesser you consume the better it will be for you.
- Another possible cause is lesser oxygen caused by closed windows which increases the chances of nausea. Make sure enough air circulates inside the vehicle
- Seeing another person vomiting increases chances of vomiting in some people so if you are that person make sure you don’t watch it
Happy journey folks!
Let’s look at some of the ways to prevent vomiting or ways to control vomiting!
- The key to prevent vomiting is to make sure the person stays hydrated every 2 hours
- Fresh coconut water has a beneficial effect in controlling vomiting
- Avoiding alcohol during travelling helps to prevent the vomiting.
- Avoid dairy products and citrus juices for next 24 hours after first vomit.
- Solid foods such as boiled rice, peeled apple, banana and boiled potatoes are good
- Chewing a piece of fresh ginger or pickled ginger as the travel begins will be one helpful way to prevent nausea
- Ginger tea with honey does great!
- Smelling some fresh mint leaves does help
- Avoid processed foods, beans and dairy products before traveling
- A good music and engagement in books will help your mind to fight with the urge
You might also like Top 5 Teeth Damaging Habits that You Need to Work On!