In this article we are going to find out the top 5 shortest constitution in the world ever written by different countries. Constitution are the supreme laws of the country. The first written constitution was written in 1215 known as Magna Carta during the rule of king John of England.
Importance of Constitution:
Lets talk about the importance of constitution too
- It ensures justice in social, economic and political aspects
- It provides the liberty of thought, expression, belief, and faith
- It ensures equality in status and opportunities
- It fosters fraternity assuring the dignity of individual and unity of the nation
- It provides us with the framework to prevent chaos and keep the thing in proper order according to rules and regulations
So lets start our Epic top 5 Countdown of Shortest constitutions in the world!
Japan has the fifth shortest constitution in the world. It was ratified on 11th February 1889. It consists of only 4,998 words.
Latvia has the fourth shortest constitution in the world. It was ratified in November 7th, 1922. It consists of only 4,917 words.
Laos has the third shortest constitution in the world. It was ratified on 14th August 1991. It consists of only 4,820 words.
Iceland has the second shortest constitution. It was ratified on 17th June 1994. It consists of only 4,089 words.
Monaco has the shortest constitution in the world. Monaco is also the second smallest country in the world. And it is second most densely populated. It was ratified on the 17th December 1962. It consists of mere 3,814 words.
Interesting Fact: You can walk through Monaco in just 56 minutes!
You might also like Top 5 Longest Constitutions in the World!